Penrhos College Alumni Inc aims to perpetuate school and community spirit among our alumni members. We work to foster alumni interest and goodwill in College affairs by encouraging intellectual, social and emotional ties between Alumni members and Penrhos College. We encourage our alumni to be active College community members and to that end, we host events, connect alumni with each other and current students and provide our alumni with benefits such as bursaries and scholarships which are open to the daughters and granddaughters of members.
Upon graduation, all current Penrhos College students who have attended the College for a period of 12 months or more automatically become financial members of Penrhos College Alumni Inc. Members are entitled to a host of benefits that this membership provides, including:
- Lifetime subscription to The Penrhosian magazine. The Penrhosian is published twice a year and contains College information and latest Alumni news
- Subscription to the quarterly Alumni eNewsletter, Dragon’s Breath
- Exclusive invitations to Alumni events such as our ‘Shakers & Stirrers’ networking evenings and guest speaker events
- Class Reunions
- Access to mentoring opportunities
- Opportunities to be a part of the Penrhos College Alumni Committee and its work
- Access to Alumni Scholarships for your daughters and granddaughters
- Free copies of your school records upon request
- And much more!
If you graduated from Penrhos College during or after 1980, and attended the College for 12 months or more, you are most likely a financial member of Penrhos College Alumni Inc. If you graduated before 1980 you may not be a financial member of the Penrhos College Alumni Inc. If you have any queries about your membership or would like to apply for membership, please contact us.
The Penrhos College Alumni Committee
The work of Penrhos College Alumni is guided by the Penrhos College Alumni Committee. Anyone who is a financial member of the Alumni is eligible to nominate for Committee membership.
Being a member of the Committee can see you guiding Alumni decision-making, planning events, managing the Alumni budget and volunteering your time at various Alumni and College activities. Being a Committee member is a great way to stay involved in College community life and keep in touch with Alumni from all class cohorts. It’s a fun and social activity, with a little work on the side.
The Penrhos College Alumni Committee meets the second Tuesday of every month during College term time, approximately nine times a year. The Committee meets at 6.30pm in the Alumni Boardroom at Penrhos College.
If you would like to nominate to become a Committee member we welcome new membership and encourage you to express your interest.
The Penrhos College Alumni Committee:
- Amanda Yaksich (1976), President
- Camilla Holt (1990), Vice-President
- Kristyn Cronin (2008), Treasurer
- Natalie Freeman (1984), Secretary
- Margot Michailides (1978), Assistant Secretary
- Ailsa Allen (1961), Committee Member
- Loretta Dease (1961), Committee Member
- Vicki Doherty (1970), Committee Member
- Sue Hampson (1980), Committee Member
- Sarah Andrews (2007), Committee Member
- Melissa Mairata, Ex-Officio Committee Member
- Emma Cornwall, Ex-Officio Committee Member